The Twelve Steps of Peace Anonymous
- We admitted we were powerless over war and violence and that our world had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves, as revealed in our Collective Consciousness, could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to this Higher Power, accepting that we may refer to this Power as God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves, our country, and our world.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of those we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and for the Power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to those seeking peace, and to practice these principles in all of our affairs.